Monday, June 6, 2011

Happy 21st Ziggie!

Happy Birthday!!!!

Yo zigglets!

I"ma rockin' the adult age now. I'm cruising with the legals. I'm officially 'age independent'. I'm 21! It's kind of strange because 2minutes ago, I was 10years with big dreams of one day becoming an artist...This one was bit bittersweet for me, chummettes. Part of me doesn't want to grow up just yet.

Anyhoo, don't worry about meh, because I'm embracing and lovin' the gift of life. I'm so determined now to break out of my cocoon and spread my wings! "I'm a squirrel!".

So, as per tradition, I was able to pave tips for the average 21 year old without a life. I'd like to brand it, "How to deal with your 21st birthday if your life is uneventful and the day of your birthday, is a Monday; and if you spend your days in a robe and your pyjamas in front of the telly all day!"
Okay, that was a little too long of a title, but hey if you get the gist and you can relate, that's my intention.

1. Clear your inbox the previous night to make space of the messages you'll be receiving from friends afar. Also, bone up on airtime so that you can reply those messages with ease

2.When the clock strikes 12midnight, turn on your favourite song and break it down! Celebrate! (I jammed to Young Knives- Turn Tail, MGMT- Time to pretend, and Evermore- Hey Boys and Girls. They are not really up tempo, but I did break a sweat or two)

3. If your friends are into that sort of thing, you've probably already started receiving many messages wishing you well at 12midnight. Slap a smile on that face and reply, reply, reply!

4.Go to sleep, you have a big day ahead of you.

5.Wake up early, this is no ordinary day, that deserves a person in your situation to be waking up at 10am as always.

6. Do something productive...anything, for the first hour after you wake up. (I cleaned my room. Honestly, the dust was depressing me). You can walk the dog or take a jog or something to get you up.

5. Watch another hour of television then you can decide on an outfit to wear. (Yes, you're going out in the next hour or so, which is why you need the telly to help you make the idea sink in.)


6. If it took you three hours to find something to wear, it's okay; it's a common problem. So, go out and paint the town red! If you live in a dead village like mine with no cool hangouts, grab a friend and go window shopping! Or better yet, visit a Chinese restaurant or get some chicken wings. (I went window shopping, I'm too broke to go all out)

7.Return home and spend the rest of the day with your friend. You can take a 15minute power nap while they watch a movie. I mean, by golly! you've been up practically all night answering to your messages and dancing to celebrate. You'll still be receiving messages. Your phone is, for a change, a hotline! Embrace it, love it!

8. After your friend leaves, it's time to crack your knuckles and check out your birthday wishes on Facebook! and any other social site which knows of your birthday. It's okay to break up with joy as you reply to the messages. It's a wonderful feeling to know that the nation out there appreciates and absolutely loves you.

9. The most important tip of all of this is to make sure you spend time with your family, even grandma; to get that warm and fuzzy tingle in your stomach. If you didn't get a cake, make one. But if they bought you one, enjoy it and don't worry about those extra calories. Heck, if they have some snacks and jolly goods with the cake, hey, don't 'hesitate to participate', you'll worry about your possible weight gain tomorrow. Eat!

10. If the folks promised you a party in the weekend or whenever, wait for it patiently with a smile on your face because that's where the real fun is going to come from.

11. Lastly, when it's time for bed, go to sleep when the clock strikes midnight again. An incredibly boring yet special day has ended. It's time to smile and rest because your routine of a life resumes the next day.

Happy birthday!

So there you have it. More life saving tips from yours truly! :)

See ya real soon!

3 comments:

  1. a rili great piece mis ziggie, my birthdayz 5mnths 4rm now n i dnt thnk il b able 2 do ol dat (which i hv 2 mention iz quite interestin compared 2 my routine) coz skolz ilb open..great staf, lav ur blog..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, thanks botsang. Eish, I guess your day is going to be worse than mine. Biology on your birthday deserves a trip to mugg and bean to celebrate! ;) lol...

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts are always appreciated! :)