Tuesday, May 24, 2011

The Curse!

Hey

I just had a major announcement to make. I was going to wait until Friday but I can’t hold it in. People, dear readers, chummettes; I would like to announce that my manuscript, Bridge Over Paradise, which I’ve been working on for almost a year now, has finally been completed. Yes, it’s true! I want to sing and dance and twirl around in little circles on the same spot because I feel independent again. I feel alive, like the pressure has been relieved off my brain and thoughts and dreams.

Believe it or not, it has just over 60000 words (disappointing, but it's a start), I haven’t edited it yet (I read somewhere that you should wait a few days after completing a novel before you can edit it…what? I want to see where this’ll go). I would love to tell you what it’s all about, I do, but I honestly don’t think you’re here to read synopsis’s (is that right?) to my work. I’ve no official plans for the manuscript. It was my first take on Fantasy so I’ll probably keep it, revise it and use it for future projects in that genre.

I just want to mention what a curse having the knack for writing is. I don’t know about other writers, but sometimes working on a long piece of writing for so many months tends to be a chore for me. I’m under a lot of pressure to see things work out and to finish what I started. Sometimes I get writers block, then I have to wait for it to go away, but that could take a long time; then I’m stressed again. It’s a never ending rollercoaster, but I must finish. I think what you must also understand is that, in as much as it’s interesting for the reader to reach the climax of a story and find out what happens in the end, the writer also feels the same way. I also want to find out what happens in the end or how I’m going to end. It’s an adventure for me too, so I have to complete it.

Another thing, I have to always be writing. I finished writing this manuscript in the wee hours of the morning…okay, it was 11 in the morning; and already, I’m planning my next story and short stories that are going to come in between. Advantageous it may be, but writing is a curse!

Who’s with me? (…anyone?)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are always appreciated! :)