Friday, March 11, 2011

The Usual

Hey.

I’m really sorry for not posting anything for the whole week last week. In my defence, I was on holiday and there was no internet connection where I was...it made me feel bad because I’d abandoned my duties.

Anyways, nothing’s changed really. Everything’s pretty much the same in my life. First of all, my mom is such a genius! I hope you remember the My Solo Act post I made about a song I wanted to learn on the electric guitar. It’s a long story, but I asked my mom the name of the song and she got it. I didn’t hum like I’d anticipated; the song was actually playing in another movie we were watching together and it popped up. After I’d asked her what song was playing, it took a while to find out the artist.

She said, “I have it somewhere in one of my albums. Hmmm, it’s a dessert or something. Let me see, eh...chocolate?”

My sister was also there to help; she came up with the name. She said, “I know the song is called ‘Sunshine of your love’.” Which was correct.

My mom then went, “Is it cream, perhaps?” Bingo! She got it right. That's the song I have to learn on the electric guitar...after I buy it, that is.

I have to say though that whatever may be the case, I have the coolest mom ever; for her to know so much of her music.

Away from that, I had a really weird morning today. I had a lab at 7am and as soon as I entered, the lab demonstrators began laughing away at me...well, I don’t know what they were laughing at, but what would you think if you entered a room and people started laughing while looking at you? I adjusted my lab coat, but I thought, they might as well be laughing considering the dream I had last night. I was conducting ‘experiment 9’ today and last night I had a dream about it. In this dream, experiment 9 involved fighting with Bunsen burners; my lab partner and I. The Bunsen burner was like those Star Wars swords...what’re they called? Yes, Lightsabers. The flame was set in such a way that they were Lightsabers and I was sword fighting with my lab partner. Crikey! I think I need to put my imagination under control.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are always appreciated! :)