Monday, March 21, 2011

Trompies

Hey and hey.

Today I’m taking you to the ‘90s southern Africa; right when kwaito music was the ‘it’ thing and everyone’s radio was jamming to these unique tunes. Do y’all remember Trompies? No? Oh I loved this kwaito group more than anything. They had a super cool flare about them that truly agreed with my musical taste at that time. Originating in South Africa, I remember their song Ga senna ; I think that’s the name anyhow and Sweety lovey (we played this song in my marimba band). Quite the entertaining background if you ask me. Now, I’m pretty sure that we all have our fondest memories of the ‘kwaito era’, so I hope I brought back some fondest memories J. Mine involve this particular group. So where are they? I tried to research but there’s no distinct info on their whereabouts but as it turns out, they are still quite successful in what they’ve ventured into. Some of them are music producers!

I’ll see ya real soon! 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are always appreciated! :)