Tuesday, March 15, 2011

The Georgia Nicolson Series



 Rating 5/6


Author: Louise Rennison

Georgia Nicolson is an English teenage girl, living with both her parents and her little sister, Libby. Her life through out the series basically revolves around boys, makeup, snogging and boys! In a nutshell, she makes it her mission to find the perfect guy, but her expectations are in the wrong places. It’s very hard to explain what happens, but she goes on a rollercoaster of boyfriends and snogging extravaganzas, until in the end, she finds her man. Oh, and she has a close nit friendship with other girls and they call themselves ‘The Ace Gang’.

I have to say, these books are partly responsible for my interest in reading again. Oh what fun! I learnt crazy words in there as well, like Fabnosity, Basoomas/ nunga-nungas (boobs), gadzooks, gorgey (gorgeous), nudey pants, nippy noodles, arvie (afternoon), etc.

There are ten books in the series, and out of the ten, I feel the first one, Angus, Thongs and Full Frontal Snogging, was the funniest. The following 3 as well, were quite a laugh, or funnier than the rest. I’ll have to be honest though, I was quite disappointed with the ending of the last book- the finale - ‘Are These My Basoomas I See Before Me?’ I mean I’m all for suspense or leaving it to the reader’s imagination, but I was so disappointed. Maybe I was just sad that I’d come to the end of a wonderful adventure, but everything felt so rushed!

I recommend that you - if you haven’t started on these yet - get on to the bookstore or wherever, and grab yourself a copy. OMG! Now, I find it really hard to laugh when I’m watching stand up comedies, but reading these books had me laughing so hard, sometimes I seemed mental to the normal human. These books are funny and quite ‘educational’ for the average growing teen. If you need a man or want to have mindless fun, then get a copy and learn about how it should be done! Please go read these, you won’t regret it. J

2 comments:

  1. Just read the first two, nearly peed my pants! They made a movie in 2008 called "Angus, Thongs, and Perfect Snogging." Like all novel-based-films, the book was 10x better, but it was a laugh. Gotta love the English slang!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, I agree. The books are way better than the movie. I wish they would have made a mini series on all the books. I now can make a British accent all thanks to these books

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts are always appreciated! :)