Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Coming Up

Hey.

So it’s the new year; the holidays are over and life is going back to normal...yay! (not). So what are your new year’s resolutions? I’m going to be optimistic this year and less modest. From what I’ve discovered so far in my life is that I’m too modest and it just kills my confidence. I need to start looking doubt in the eye and say, “I am good dammit! I’m excellent and I look good, being excellent.” You know. I’m going to be optimistic and see everything in the bright light. Whatever little thing there is left will fall in between; like joining the gym, meeting new people, trying new things, exploring.

Anyway, Ziggie Talk also has its own resolutions. There are going to be some mighty changes on here. There is going to be a schedule! Yes, a schedule; and within that schedule there will be segments so that I am compelled to post something instead of straying off for weeks on end. So, I’ll start by introducing these segments.

=> What Happened to...
This segment was inspired by the rocktober posts I made. Here I’ll be making various postings about bands or musicians that have gone under the radar. This could be in any genre, from the oldies to the present. Where are they now? This segment belongs to Monday.

=> The Rave Review
In this segment I’ll be reviewing things. These “things” will alternate between books, food and movies. Books because I don’t read much; I really don’t. I plan on completing a novel fortnightly and writing a review on it. By the end of this year I should have a collection of books and a new perspective on reading. In between the book reviews, I’ll say a word on food and movies. I plan to visit a new restaurant every month and comment on what food I ate. Also, I’ll throw in a random movie review; the month will then be complete. This will cover Tuesday.

=> In My Shoes
Wednesday will be the day that profiles various locals. What will happen is that I’ll interview people and get a basic picture of who they are, what they do and why they do it. The purpose of this is to understand the people around us; the little and big people. I’ll write a report on the interviews and this will fill the Wednesday slot.

=> Fashionably Thursday
What happens here is that I’m going to scout for various people who I think are dressed well, take a picture of them and post it here. I’ll have a poster model for this segment as well, who will be featured a lot on most of the pics. I’ll post the pictures of my model every fortnight and then in between post pictures of random people that I spot, who I feel are dressed well or “uniquely”.

=> Random Ramblings
This one belongs to Friday. I’ll be posting the normal ramblings that you’re used to. You know, what ticks me off, what I like, school! Friday will be a normal day for the blog and we can catch up after a hectic week. J


=> Competitions
Now and then I'll throw in competitions and my followers will get to win fantabulous prizes. I will ask random questions about Ziggie Talk or just random general knowledge and the correct answers will win. If there is more than one correct answer, there will be the old fashioned toss!

So, are you excited? I know I am. I can’t wait to meet new people and have fun while writing. These segments will begin in February. I still have to go back to school and register first, get settled in. I hope I don’t disappoint. In the mean time things will be normal and I’ll be posting...well, what I always post.

I’ll see ya soon!

3 comments:

  1. Hey Ziggie, this is just too exciting. Finally, your blog will have more action. I'll be sure to pop in more often (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. dont post about your favourite bands only, paramore, queen, mgmt, what about the foo fighters? phoenix? green day?

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Tibby Hey girl, I'm glad you're excited

    @Lyric. I won't even post about those; but I'll definitely post something I know. The foo fighters? lol. Don't worry about it.

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts are always appreciated! :)