Sunday, December 9, 2012

When in China...eat Dumplings


Hey!
I finally get to make posts about Chinese cuisine! So I went out and had these dumplings, after hearing so many great things about them. A friend of mine took me to this lovely place (see pictures below). This type of dumpling is called 大娘水饺 (Da niang shui jiao), very popular among overseas students in my school, so they say. So I had to find out for myself. It was a cold, windy, and rainy, evening; but I have to admit, they were a woot! and a half. I loved them! And the sauce, I think it's made from vinegar and crushed chillies: A-mazing! It was all worth it, tugging through the windy weather, just for dumplings. If you want me to get into detail and all fancy and stuff- you know, describe things from my palate's point of view- I'd say if you're into savoury, sour, and spicy all at once; this is the dish for you.


Outside the restaurant


The menu


Inside the restaurant. Very warm and clean

I give this experience 4/5. A happy stomach, makes a happy Ziggie! Approves and recommends to the avid explorer.

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are always appreciated! :)