Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Sleeptalking

Yello!
So, have you ever wondered why some people talk in their sleep? (What? I have nothing better to talk about so work with me here...but you want to know right?) Well alright, this condition is known as ‘somniloquy’. According to my sources, this only affects fifty percent of children and five percent of adults. Talking in your sleep is caused by a number of things like stress, sleep deprivation, unresolved issues, anxiety, eating in excess before bed ( yes; you people, you know who you are), an unfinished task stuck in your subconscious. But this mostly happens in children because of their immature brain and overactive imaginations. My sources also say that when someone sleep talks, there is a small difference from when the person is conscious and unconscious (sleeping). A sleep talker either mutters softly or yells out loud the words on their mind. They are also often shocked and confused and frustrated when they realise they have been talking while sleeping. Well now, do you have this problem? I hope I have helped some of you come to terms with your ‘activities’ during the night. (This was dedicated to my former roommate...yes you).

From Ziggie with love...





No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are always appreciated! :)