Saturday, November 24, 2012

Freddie Mercury Memorial


Hellooooo!

So today marks 21 years since Freddie Mercury died. Just like his birthday, it's a pretty big deal to me. I like to take time off and really acknowledge it. It's not a day of mourning, or feeling sad about many factors that I think about sometimes. Things like how I’ve never seen him perform, and I never will; or the fact that I’ll never meet him. Nope, it’s not that day. Like previous years, I like to have a good time with friends, or which ever way I choose. I like to spread the love, the best way I can…as a fan of Freddie Mercs of course!

I had an interesting day today. Firsties, I woke up to a little sunlight in my room.  You see, my room in the apartment I live in, gets no sunlight…(long story). This morning however, as I sat up on my bed, after a good night’s rest, I was struck by a blinding light in my eyes…okay, maybe it was not that intense. It was actually a reflection of the sun from the windows in the building opposite mine, but there was light, and it felt good! (see pic below). Now call me superstitious or just plain crazy, I don’t really care! I saw it as a sign, because of what today was. A light from Freddie perhaps, hehe, I believed it and it made me so happy! It made me realize that even the darkest and coldest of places/ days, can receive a little light on a regular.

Light in my room
Anyhu, (I’m babbling away again, aren't I?) I jammed to some Queen tracks before I went out with some friends and had an awesome lunch and enough laughs to get me through the rest of the day. Even though it’s really cold over here right now, the walk in the warm sun made it all worth it!

So here’s to today! A day totally spent in honour of Freddie’s memory. Once again, I’m grateful for the music that has heavily influenced my life and who I am today as a person. I’m totally inspired by Freddie and the legacy he’s left behind. And for that, may his memory live long and hard!

Until next time… 



3 comments:

  1. Dude, you're obsessed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. look what I found? Tshetsana on about Freddie, wow, just wow...

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts are always appreciated! :)