Friday, July 13, 2012

You're kidding, right?



Helloooo

Here’s one for you: one day, I would like to get a job on the side as a food critic. Yep, me! a critic. So yesterday was one of my best friend’s 21st birthday, and we decided to go to this really expensive restaurant in town, to celebrate. When we were already seated, I called for the manager and told her about my intentions to review the restaurant for my blog (I was testing the waters, really. Under normal circumstances, a restaurant critic just shows up, eats and goes home to write a review, without revealing their identity.). So after silent panicking (I could see it in her eyes), she told me that she had to consult with her bosses first. She came back to us and said that I wasn’t, under any circumstances, allowed to review, nor take pictures of the restaurant, in case I should write something negative about them! Yes, she said that. Also, we couldn’t even take pictures of ourselves for memory’s sake, eating there. That is ridiculous. If I want to review the place, I can. To avoid negative reviews from aspiring critics like myself, an eatery should be on their A game at all times.

Even though I was just testing them, the kind of respond I got, left me even more determined to introduce this kind of thing in my country; make it more popular if it already exists. This will avoid many people, getting stupid statements about reviewing not being allowed from service providers, just like I did. I didn’t let it ruin my evening though. I thought the service from the restaurant waiters, was actually quite good. They were attentive and they always smiled. Even though the food wasn’t extraordinary, the good company and good laughs I had, more than made up for it...As for the bill, let’s keep expensive restaurants for ‘employed Ziggie’! lol.

Until next time...

2 comments:

  1. They need some hardcore critics to pay them a visit. In which country is this?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe. Yeah they probably do. Thank you for stopping by Kristen

      Delete

Your thoughts are always appreciated! :)