Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Freshman 101

Hello peepz.


It has been two months since starting at university. How do I feel you ask? Absolutely mortified; physically and emotionally drained by the whole experience. Did you know that when you get to university, you become one of the most dumbest students of your group without noticing. No seriously. I think it is caused by intimidation. You will find yourself in the lecture auditorium taking down notes and people concerntrating...and you, feeling sleepy or day dreaming because you do not understand or you had a late nignt (because of too much work to finish) and so info bounces off of your ears because it is too complicated to enter and be self processed by your brain.(You can take a breath now, what a long sentence). Then a "smart Alec" would then raise their hand to correct the lecturer's mistake and there will be proof that you are not really listening when you correct th mistake you photocopied into your notebook. How did this happen? In high school everything was great, and you were smart, but now...now you are among the smartest. I do not want to sound overly confident, but today, I just in-your-faced this feeling of dumbness when I actually studied and gave myself credit for understanding simple methods I thought were too hard. So, Einstein? What is next on the agenda? I think I will have an ice tea in this hot weather and study some more. I am making progress after all. Relax people, there is still some hope left for Ziggie.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are always appreciated! :)